Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween..Glassford Style

Every Halloween we make the short trip one street over to my dad's neighborhood for some good, old fashioned trick or treating. I just love how the neighbors decorate their house, hang out in the driveway to pass out candy, and know everyone by name. In this day in age, rarely do neighbors gather outside as a community of people, as it seems the daily life of quick hellos have become the norm. However, Halloween seems to be the one exception to this daily life, and how great is it to get people outside the four walls of their house to associate with one another!? I had a great childhood with awesome neighbors growing up and for my kids to have neighbors they associate with is pretty important to me. :) I think I also fell asleep to a popular theme song "...where everybody knows your name.." every night once Santa brought me a TV when I turned 9, which maybe led to some hopeful dreaming.
Back to the trick-or-treating fun, the kids did surprisingly well considering the 72 hours prior were pretty much non-stop. I think usually people give a little extra to the little kids, assuming they won't get to trick or treat as far as the older kids. However, my little energizer bunnies just go and go and go. This means, loads and loads of candy!! Which in turn means momma needs extra workouts at the gym. I hope everyone's Halloween's were happy and full of too much candy and a lot of fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment