Tuesday, March 17, 2009

10 Things I'm Loving Right Now

(note: this is besides the obvious of husband, kids, etc.)

1. Carabbas Filet Mignon and Garlic Mashed Potatoes, with a side of fettucini alfredo (holy carbs!). This meal and I are a match made in heaven.

2. I love that my wonderful daughter tells me, "she needs to find a husband first" (when talking about when she grows up). I'm sure this is in part to the wonderful Disney Princess movies who fail to show the cleanup duties of a wife. Thankfully, I have a few years to possibly change her "need" to a "want".


3. My Bible. I love to be in the Word and just soak it all up. There is nothing more refreshing, enlightening and encouraging.

4. My morning runs. Every morning, before all the kids wake up, I run 2 miles with my dad. I love that running with him pushes me beyond anything I could accomplish myself. Most importantly, I love that I get to spend 15 minutes or so afterwards to just talk to him every single day.


5. Photography. Yeah, a little cliche, but I really am so passionate about it. I have such a desire to learn and gain as much possibly knowledge as I can. I love to read other photographers blogs and see their photos. Besides having my children, there is nothing I have ever wanted more.


6. American Idol. In no particular order, my favorites are Matt Giraud, Adam Lambert, Danny Gokey, Scott MacIntyre, and Megan Joy. I really think it's going to be a great season as the finalists are all so talented.

7. I am LOVING that the front tree I planted in our yard 4 years ago has blossomed the most beautiful yellow flowers, signaling springs' arrival. Although it isn't very full, I love to look out my windows and just smile at the tall tree that was once the little guy I fit in my Expedition and now all 5 of my kids could climb around in it...at the same time (I see a great photo idea coming...stay posted).

8. I'm loving that I am not shopping at Costco right now. I let me card expire and because I just cannot leave that place spending less than $100 a week...on top of our normal grocery trip of $150. I absolutely LOVE Costco (..almost as much as Target..) but I am loving that I am resisting the temptation and I actually feel like we're saving money now not having the card. Just to make this clear, this is purely my fault as my ability to resist temptation while shopping is quite awful.

9. I'm really loving white textured pants like those below:


10. Soccer. I love love love soccer and I am so grateful that even as an adult I can play on a super fun team. In the fall I get to coach 2 of my kids teams (with my wonderful sister..) and I absolutely look forward to it each year. I'm so happy that the sport my life was centered around as a kid and teenager is still such a lively happening in my life.

Life is so good. I am grateful. I am blessed. I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment