Tuesday, October 27, 2009

After Much Work...It's Time for Play!

After weddings the last four weekends straight (two of them in West Palm), my family and I are taking a much needed, little getaway to Orlando this weekend. Although we don't have many plans, I have no doubt there will very little down time. We're staying at the Nickelodeon hotel (www.nickhotel.com) which is always great fun for the kids. Not only is the hotel big enough to fit my enormous family size (pretty much 2 bedrooms-king bed in one and bunks in the other, with a living/kitchen room) but the waterparks (yes, that's plural) keep the kids thrilled for hours on end. I'm pretty sure we'll hit up Magic Kingdom and maybe Hollywood Studios one day too, which should be interesting considering our parent-child ratio. In the years past, we've always brought a nanny (ie. my sister and the kids wonderful aunt) to help out with the craziness. For some reason, we now think we're brave enough to take it on ourselves. We're all very excited and can't wait for our little vacation!!
As a mom, it's times and memories like these that my kids remember when they're grown. Even though our family is large and spending time together as a whole has definitely become more difficult, I hope they still see great value and importance of family. Throughout this weekend of being together, I know there will be challenges and frustrating times, but I have great hope that our fun memories, loving moments and bonding experiences will leave a forever imprint in our kids hearts and lives.
I leave you with a few pics from our last trip to the Nick Hotel, which was in May earlier this year. They're obviously not the best of quality, but they're my treasures none the less. :)



1 comment:

  1. That place looks so awesome! We're going to be in Orlando next week, too bad it's not the same time =(

    ReplyDelete